From the upcoming tourist season in October foreigners can apply online through a dedicated website for the Restrict Area Permit and Protected Area Permit, the official said, adding that work for development of the dedicated website is on. To visit Sikkim foreigners must obtain Restricted Area Permit (RAP) previously known as InnerLine Permit from Sikkim Tourism Officers after getting a valid Indian Visa. Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang in his Independence Day speech on 15th August, had announced about the online application for RAP and PAP for foreign tourists.