Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has launched “Su-Swagatam (Visit India)” App to facilitate Foreign Visitors intending to Visit India. The main objective of the app is to facilitate Visitors seeking Indian Visa abroad and obtaining visa related services within India while their stay. The app will ease out the Indian Visa related information dissemination to target users. App has been designed with the holistic view of facilitating Visitors at each touch point, from getting Indian Visa to exploring Indian Culture, Heritage, Business Prospects, Medical treatment, Education, emergency services and Yoga/Spirituality in India.
The App has been enabled with following informative and facilitative features:
- Online Visa Application
e-Visa – Visitors may avail Indian e-Visa through online application.
Regular Visa (From Indian Mission/Consulate) – Visitors may fill regular Indian Visa for and submit to Embassy of India, Seoul.
Visa on Arrival – Nationals of (Japan, South Korea, UAE) may fill online visa form prior to landing on designated Indian ports.
- Visa & FRRO Status – Visitors may check status of their online Visa application & FRRO services
- Download e-Visa ETA – e-Visa applicants may download Electronic Travel Authorization(ETA).
- Chatbot facility – An interactive support system would facilitate Visitors in addressing their Visa related queries.
- Language and Signage Translation – Visitors may be facilitated with the language and signage translation (English and Hindi to other foreign language and vice versa).
- Location based services (Nearby places – Tourist Places, Govt Agencies, Transport Services, Entertainment, Health services, Religious places, food, Lodging and Shopping etc).
- Useful links on authentic information –
India Tourism – Visitors may explore about Indian culture/heritage and plan their adventurous journey to India accordingly.
Medical Emergency – Visitors intending medical treatment may explore authorised Indian hospitals.
Business in India – Entrepreneurs across world could explore Business Prospects in India as well as Government of India’s initiatives for Ease of Doing business in India.
Yoga and Spirituality – Visitors intending to practice Yoga and Spirituality may explore Premier Yoga institutions and facilities rendered by them.
Foreigners Safety – Visitors would be facilitated with emergency services while their stay in India.
Foreign Exchange, Taxes and Customs – Foreigner will be informed on Income tax, customs, foreign exchange rules for foreigners and non-residents through authentic sources.